Female genital mutilation/cutting, FGM/C, is the removal of and/or damaging of the outer female genitalia. It is performed on a large number of women and girls in many countries worldwide and can lead to secondary health problems. There are girl and women in Sweden who have undergone FGM/C. The Swedish Gender Equality Agency wish to identify methods on prevention against FGM/C and as a part of that work they have reached an agreement with SBU to map research studies within this area.
The purpose of this project is to identify and map scientific publications regarding preventive measures against female genital mutilation/cutting of girls and women.
To be decided
- Lisa Forsberg, Project Manager
- Martin Norman, Assistant Project Manager
- Ann Kristine Jonsson, Information Specialist
- Elin Malmer, Project Administrator
- Jenny Odeberg, Head of Department