Ongoing work on COVID-19 at SBU
SBU is currently producing three responses to the SBU Enquiry Service: on the following questions:
- Can Clinical Frailty Scale, unadjusted or adjusted for age, predict the mortality of patients treated in an intensive care unit regardless of cause?
- What is the risk of transmitting a corona virus infection (COVID-19, SARS or MERS) during treatment with non-invasive ventilation?
- What is the effect of non-invasive ventilation in patients with COVID-19 infection with or without comorbidities?
- Risk for transmission of viral infection during treatment with non-invasive ventilation using CPAP or BiPAP
- Effectiveness of non-invasive ventilation in the treatment of acute respiratory failure due to coronavirus
- Clinical Frailty Scale in prediction of mortality, disability and quality of life for patients in need of intensive care
Enquiry responses are always written in Swedish, but title and introduction is always translated to English and all tables are in English also in the Swedish version. We are planning to translate the response to question 1 above (the one on Clinical frailty scale) in full to English and it will be posted here once it is finalised.
PICO is short for patient/population/problem,intervention/index test, comparison/control and